How to Crack Numerical Ability Section in IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts tests and drives for recruitment into public sector and regional rural banks for the posts of bank clerks and officers.
On the 12th, the 13th and the 19th November, 2016, IBPS will conduct the RRB test for the positions of Officer and Office Assistant. RRBs (Rural Regional Banks) primarily provide banking services to the rural and the semi-urban regions in India. The posts of Officers and Office Assistants in RRBs are highly desired, and every year tens of thousands of aspirants attempt the IBPS RRB exam. Th
The candidates aspiring for RRB Officer Scale I and RRB Office Assistant positions need to appear is year, the IBPS has changed the pattern of RRB tests. Now, there are two components in the RRB test.
· IBPS RRB Prelims
. IBPS RRB Mains
for both the Prelims and the Mains.
In this article, we are going to talk about how to obtain maximum scores in the Numerical Ability section of the IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims that is going to be conducted in November this year, and less than a week away.
Due to the change in the test pattern, some candidates are a bit anxious about the preparation for the RRB Office Assistant Prelims test. But do not worry; we will make things very clear in this article.
IBPS RRB Prelims Exam pattern – Office Assistant
Tips for Preparing for the Numerical Ability Section:
The Numerical Ability Section is one that many aspirants are nervous about. You don’t have to be. In fact, one can score high marks in this section, provided you have enough practice. So, it is important to prepare thoroughly with plenty of practice for this section, so that you can score the maximum possible in this section.
The following concepts are commonly covered in the RRB Office Assistant Exam Prelims:
3. Ratio and Proportions
4. Alligations and Mixtures
5. Time and Work
7. Profit and Loss
8. Simple Interest and Compound Interest
9. Time and Distance
13. Data Interpretation – Data Tables, Pie Charts, Bar Charts, Histograms and Line Graphs
Tips to Remember
- First of all, work on your calculation skills. The faster you can calculate, the more questions you can answer and therefore, higher your chances of scoring more. However, faster problem solving should also be correct problem solving. So, ensure that you practice solving plenty of calculations and problems.
- Revise daily for the complete understanding of the concept and gain confidence.
- For questions related to number system, be thorough with the concepts of place value, face value, bodmas, rounding off, whole numbers and tables etc.
- For ratio/proportion questions as well as other word problems for time/work, interest, percentage etc., it is extremely important to be meticulous and careful in reading and understanding the question. pay attention to avoid careless mistakes.
- For algebra-related word problems, you need to know how to form equations from the given information. once you get the equations correct, half your problem is solved.
Coming weekend, you are going to take this test. however, with the above tips, we’re sure you will be able to crack the rrb exam with great scores. for more help, check out the online videos; mock tests and practice tests at conduiraonline.com
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information on how to successfully clear ibps rrb prelims, especially the numerical ability section, or any other section, visit Bank Jobs
We’ll be happy to answer any questions or doubts that you may have.