IBPS PO Prelims 2018 - Free Mock Test Online
The IBPS PO prelims examination for 2018 will be conducted on 13th, 14th, 20th & 21st October 2018 and the mains exam is scheduled to be held on 18th November 2018. With the exam nearly at the doorstep, it is highly essential to realize the essence of time and utilize it for studying as well as appearing mock tests. Practice test series for IBPS PO will help you distinguish your performance from preparation and help you learn about areas that require your most attention and the areas that demand your least attention. Without further ado, let's proceed:
What is IBPS?
The Institute for Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is a self-governed body whose mission is to recruit the best candidates for banks in India through personal assessment in the areas of aptitude, accuracy, and knowledge. The Common Written Examination IBPS PO CWE is conducted every year to recruit Probationary Officers and Clerical cadre into the 27 Public Sector Banks across India. This year would see the 8th edition of the test and hence IBPS PO CWE VIII. The official IBPS PO Notification is around the corner.
|IBPS PO Schedule||Date|
|Registration Start Date:||14/08/2018|
|Registration End Date:||04/09/2018|
|Last date for printing Application:||19/09/2018|
|Preliminary Exam Date:||13/10/2018, 14/10/2018, 20/10/2018 and 21/10/2018|
|Preliminary Exam Result:||October/ November 2018|
|Online Examination - Mains||18/11/2018|
|Declaration of Result:||December 2018|
|Download of call letters for interview:||January 2019|
|Conduct of interview:||January / February 2019|
Preparation Plan for IBPS PO Prelims
Is taking a diagnostic test necessary? We suggest you take a diagnostic test as it makes you aware of where you stand. Don't let the result demoralize you. It's just a measure of what you are good at and the areas that need your attention. Sign-up Now to attempt a diagnostic test on Conduira Online.
A daily routine to keep yourself updated is highly necessary. You can read books offline and blogs online for updating yourself. You can follow Conduira Online's regular blogs to keep yourself acquainted with the tips, tricks, and strategies to crack IBPS PO. You can also attend our live sessions for developing a better understanding of core topics related to Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, and Reasoning. Below are some of our blogs to give a brief idea about IBPS PO examination.
Earlier, the bank exams used to be easy and the only step the aspirants took was to read and practice the concepts from books and sit for the exam directly. With the surge of aspirants, the level of competition has also increased. This requires a regular check of your progress in cracking the bank exams. How do you monitor your progress? YES! You guessed it right! Only mock tests can help you analyze your performance. Take as many mock tests as you can to analyze your performance and help you curate your preparation strategy accordingly.
If you are unable to spot your weak areas then Conduira Online will help you achieve that. Conduira Online is the one and only online portal that has embedded adaptive test taking capabilities in its online mock tests. Adaptive test taking implies that depending upon the accuracy of each question attempted by the student, the next question can be of an increasing or decreasing difficulty. This unique test-taking approach provided by Conduira Online offers a run for their money to even the best candidates, as the difficulty level of the mock test keeps varying according to the accuracy of the candidate.
However, the mock test offered by Conduira Online is of a balanced difficulty and even the toughest papers can be attempted through some sheer perseverance. Below is a step by step guide that explains each and every aspect of test-taking process on Conduira Online along with displaying unique data analytics regarding your performance in Conduira Online mock tests.
1) Sign-up - First, a student has to register himself/herself on Conduira Online website. Conduira Online offers a free 3-days trial for Bank exam mock test. After Signing Up a student gets a free mock test of SBI PO Prelims, IBPS PO Prelims, IBPS PO Mains, IBPS Clerical Prelims, IBPS Clerical Mains, SBI JA Prelims and 1 Diagnostic Test.
2) Selection of an exam pattern - A student has an option to select only one exam which he/she is preparing for and then can attempt free as well as paid mock test for the selected exam pattern.
3) Vibrant Dashboard - Once the student has selected its respective exam pattern, they will be greeted with Conduira Online's vibrant dashboard which has been designed to give maximum information in just one glance. The vibrant colors and the easy-to-use well-organized interface will offer easy navigation as well as an excellent learning platform.
4) Personalized Recommendations - These learning paths are not only personalized to your strengths and weaknesses but are also based on the goal you have set for yourself such as SBI PO, IBPS PO, IBPS PO Clerical. Our unique machine learning based AI algorithms bring in a balance between the topics that the rest of the world finds difficult and the topics that you find difficult.
5) Learn Section- Conduira not only lets you take tests but also learn and strengthen your concepts through video tutorials on various sections, viz., Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning Ability. The icing on the cake is: Conduira also stores video tutorials to guide you for GD/PI and also increase your awareness through general awareness.
6) Practice Tests - You can also check out Conduira's vast array of practice tests divided into two sub-sections namely Module Tests and Section Tests. In Module Tests, you can take practice tests for every chapter mentioned in the syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, and Reasoning. In Section Tests, you can take General Awareness Test with 4 tests uploaded every month. Please note that some of the chapter tests are Adaptive in nature.
7) Model Tests - In order to give a free IBPS PO mock test, you have to first select the model tests where you will be greeted with IBPS PO mock test page. One free test of IBPS PO will be unlocked as you have selected IBPS PO exam pattern.
8) Test Pattern - Once you start the test you will be greeted with instructions for attempting the mock. Please read them carefully before attempting the mock test. The mock test has 100 questions which the student has to answer in 60 mins. Once the test is completed the student will be offered an in-depth analysis of his/ her performance in the test via a report. The initial report displays the student's overall performance with the number of correct/incorrect/ un-attempted questions along with marks scored in the test. The student can then choose to see a detailed report of his/ her performance in the test.
9) Detailed Report - The detailed report card has been divided into 5 different tabs. Each tab offers a unique perspective on the student's overall performance.
- Report card - A bar chart and bell curve representation of your performance along with a representation of performance comparison between you and other students' who have attempted the same test.
- Time Analysis - This tab will let you analyze the amount of time taken in answering each question and it also provides a data comparison of how fast you were at answering the question as compared to other students for the same question. You will also get information about the type of question asked and the particular chapter from which the question was taken. You can also find a detailed solution of each answered/ un-attempted question in this tab.
- Question Selection - This section will give you an in-depth analysis of where you went wrong in the entire mock test. This section is divided into 3 parts - Verbal ability, Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude. Let's say if we check the verbal ability section then we can easily see the questions that were answered either correctly/incorrectly/un-attempted with different color codings. Now if we click on the little graph icon next to verbal ability then we can see the breakdown of entire verbal ability section i.e we can see how the entire verbal ability paper is structured. For example here the verbal ability section is divided into Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary and Logical Deduction. We can easily see which questions one attempted correctly/incorrectly or left un-attempted in reading comprehension section and can also see the detailed solution of each question by clicking on the question number icon. This entire set of information can help you analyze your weakness in particular topics and can guide you as to where you have to put the extra effort.
- Solution Details - This section is a complete color-coded representation of your correct/incorrect/un-attempted answers for each section. You can find the detailed solution to each question as well as you can learn new techniques for solving a question. You can also raise an issue to Conduira Online if you are not satisfied with a particular solution or if you think that there is some error in the question by clicking on Still not convinced? tab.
- Toppers List - Here you can check out the list of top scorers in a particular test. You can see their respective scores and can compare your score with them. This basically gives an idea as to where you stand in the aspirants' crowd.
Bonus For Bank PO Aspirants:
Vocab Prep App: Vocab Prep is a smarter way to learn Vocabulary for Bank Exams with advanced algorithms that personalize and simplify your learning experience, which helps you learn "Smarter, Faster & Forever".
Although you have an overall idea about the step by step guide towards appearing Conduira Online's mock tests, it's highly recommended for you to take a mock test (IBPS PO Prelims Free Mock Test recommended) at least once for getting used to the online interface.
Doubt Clarification: Stuck somewhere? Write to us at email@example.com and a response within 48 hours from our experts is a Conduira promise.
Why should you read this topic?
Assuming that you are preparing for bank recruitment tests, you should realize that there is a section on General Awareness that tests if you are aware of the happening around you. The happening on Economy, Sports, Industry, Trade and Policies. Who would assume that you will be a prospective bank hire without knowing the fundamentals of General Awareness? So, it is high time that you started taking the GK-in-Depth articles, and Daily GK Digest diligently. You are shown the resources, it is on you to utilize them. And, if you are planning to take MBA tests like CAT, FMS, XLRI, NMAT, even then the General Awareness plays a significant role in the Group Activity and interview rounds.
International Tiger Day
Of the original nine subspecies of tigers, three have become extinct in the last 80 years (Bali, Javan, Caspian); an average of one every 20 years. It has been predicted all tigers may become extinct in the wild within the next decade. Today, four of the remaining subspecies of tigers are considered endangered by the IUCN, while two of the subspecies are considered “critically” endangered. The total number of all the wild populations of the six remaining subspecies of tigers (Bengal, Indochinese, Malayan, Siberian, South China, and Sumatran) is estimated to be between 3,000 – 3,600 tigers.
WHY IS IT THIS ISSUE IMPORTANT TO US?
The tiger is not just a charismatic species or just another wild animal living in some far away forest.
The tiger is a unique animal which plays a pivotal role in the health and diversity of an ecosystem. It is a top predator which is at the apex of the food chain and keeps the population of wild ungulates in check, thereby maintaining the balance between prey herbivores and the vegetation upon which they feed. Therefore, the presence of tigers in the forest is an indicator of the well-being of the ecosystem. The extinction of this top predator is an indication that its ecosystem is not sufficiently protected, and neither would it exist for long thereafter.
If the tigers go extinct, the entire system would collapse.
What is decreasing the number of tigers?
Rising sea levels, a global warming effect, threatens the forests the tiger calls home. Without these coastal forests, the animal’s camouflage ceases to provide protection, and they are left vulnerable. While the cat is highly adaptable, changes caused by global warming are rapidly outpacing the feline’s ability to adapt. Poaching, habitat loss, prey depletion and fragmentation have reduced the global population of tigers from over 100,000 in the 1900s, to less than 4,000 in the 1970s.
Extinct Caspian Sub-species of tiger -
What is India's connection in tiger crisis?
India is home to 70 percent of tigers in the world. In 2006, there were 1,411 tigers which increased to 1,706 in 2010 and 2,226 in 2014. 2018 Tiger census is expected to show improved results and higher Tiger count.
WHAT is India DOING to protect tigers?
Project Tiger is a tiger conservation programme launched in 1973 by the Government of India during Prime Minister Indira Gandhi's tenure. The project aims at ensuring a viable population of Bengal tigers in their natural habitats, protecting them from extinction, and preserving areas of biological importance as a natural heritage forever represented as close as possible the diversity of ecosystems across the tiger's distribution in the country. Project Tiger has seen significant success in recovery of the habitat and increase in the population of the tigers in the reserve areas, from a scanty 268 in 9 reserves in 1972 to above 1000 in 28 reserves in 2006 to 2000+ tigers in 2016.
TIGER RESERVES IN INDIA
There are 50 tiger reserves in India which are governed by Project Tiger which is administrated by the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA). India is home to 70 percent of tigers in the world. In 2006, there were 1,411 tigers which increased to 1,706 in 2010 and 2,226 in 2014. The total number of wild tigers has risen to 3,890 in 2016 according to World Wildlife Fund and Global Tiger Forum.
WHICH IS THE FIRST TIGER RESERVE IN INDIA?
In 1973, the project was launched in the Corbett National Park of Uttarakhand.
Tiger Reserves - state wise -
Kaziranga Tiger Reserve
Manas Tiger Reserve
Nameri Tiger Reserve
Orang Tiger Reserve
Kamlang Wildlife Sanctuary
Namdapha Tiger Reserve
- Pakhui Tiger Reserve
Valmiki Tiger Reserve
Achanakmar Tiger Reserve
Indravati Tiger Reserves
Udanti & Sitanadi Tiger Reserve
Palamau Tiger Reserve
Bandipur Tiger Reserve
Kali Tiger Reserve
Nagarhole Tiger Reserve
Bhadra Tiger Reserve
Anshi Dandeli Tiger Reserve
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple Wildlife Sanctuary
Periyar Tiger Reserve
Parambikulam Tiger Reserve
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
Bori-Satpura Tiger Reserve
Kanha Tiger Reserve
Panna Tiger Reserve
Pench Tiger Reserve
Sanjay-Dubri Tiger Reserve
Manas Tiger Reserve is the only tiger reserve which is also a World Heritage Site.
Melghat Tiger Reserve
Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve
Shahayadri Tiger reserve
Nagzira-Navegaon Tiger Reserve
Bor Tiger Reserve
Dampa Tiger Reserve
Satkosia Tiger Reserve
Simlipal Tiger Reserve
Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve
Sariska Tiger Reserve
Mukandra Hills Tiger Reserve
Kalakkad Mundanthurai Tiger Reserve
Anamalai Tiger Reserve
Mudumalai Tiger Reserve
Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve
Kawal Tiger Reserve
Nagarjunsagar-Srisailam Tiger Reserve
Nagarjunsagar-Srisailam Tiger Reserve - Nagarjunsagar-Srisailam Tiger Reserve is the largest tiger reserve in India. The reserve spreads over five districts.
Dudhwa Tiger Reserve
Pilibhit Tiger Reserve
Corbett Tiger Reserve
Rajaji Tiger reserve
The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) in its report declared Corbett as highest tiger population national park in India.
Buxa Tiger Reserve
Sunderbans Tiger Reserve
Stay tuned for more interesting GK facts... Visit www.conduiraonline.com
SBI PO Mains 2018 Result:
State Bank of India (SBI) declared the results of the SBI 2018 Probationary Officer (PO) Main exams. All candidates who have appeared for the SBI PO Mains can check the result at the SBI Careers page.
Candidates who clear the Mains round are eligible to appear for the final round of interview. The interview round for SBI PO is scheduled to be held between September 24th and October 12th. The admit cards for the interview round is expected to be released on September 1st, 2018.
Here is how to check the 2018 SBI PO Mains result:
Log on to the official SBI career website at http://sbi.co.in/careers/
Under the section ‘Recruitment of Probationary Officers in State Bank of India’, click on link for ‘Main Exam Result’.
The PDF document will list all the roll numbers who have cleared the Main exam and are eligible to appear for the interview round of SBI’s PO recruitment drive.
For convenience, this is the direct link to the PDF document containing the results: https://www.sbi.co.in/webfiles/uploads/files/1531749538285_SBIPO1819_MAIN_EXAM_RESULT.pdf
For more updates:
Rely on www.conduiraonline.com