IBPS PO 2018 Selection Procedure, Read this blog to know more about the Selection Procedure for IBPS PO 2018
What is IBPS?
The Institute for Banking Personnel Selection is a self-governed body whose mission is to recruit the best candidates for banks in India through personal assessment. In 2011, IBPS introduced a Common Written Examination (IBPS CWE-VII) to recruit Officers and Clerks in all Public sector and Regional Rural Banks across the nation.
Aspirants targeting IBPS PO 2018 need to go through a standardized selection procedure. One needs to understand the various stages of the selection process for IBPS PO 2018. The first step for any of the exams is Registration.
How to Register for IBPS PO 2018 Exam
The candidate has to apply online on the Official website of IBPS . This is the seventh year that this exam is being conducted by IBPS. So expect the notification to be out as IBPS RRB CWE-PO/MT-VII 2018. The mode of payment will be online. The notification is expected to be out in the month of August.
IBPS PO 2018 Selection Process
Candidates who've registered for IBPS PO 2018 Exam will go through a two-tier examination:
1) IBPS PO Preliminary Examination
The IBPS PO Prelims paper consists of 100 questions, each carrying 1 mark split across 3 sections - Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Reasoning Ability.
|S.No||Section||No. of Questions||Total Articles|
The total duration for the exam is 1 hour. Some of you might freak out thinking how someone can answer 100 questions in 60 mins. This is where preparation comes into the picture.
Read more at: How to prepare for IBPS PO 2018
2) IBPS PO Main Examination
As per the Selection Procedure and Cut offs provided after IBPS PO Prelims, Candidates who clear the Cut offs will appear for the IBPS PO Main Examination.The IBPS PO Mains Exam consists of 200 questions split across 5 sections. Total time allotted is 140 minutes. The pattern is as follows
|S.No||Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2.||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3.||Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4.||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|5.||English Language(Essay and Letter Writing)||2||25||30 minutes|
Two important things to note are:
- There will be a negative marking of 1/4th mark for every wrong question in both Prelims and Main Examination.
- The marks obtained in Main Exam along with the performance in personal interview will determine candidate's chances of getting into the final merit list.
3) Personal Interview
- Candidates who clear the Cut off for Mains will proceed to the Personal Interview. The IBPS PO Interview will be scheduled by participating organizations as well as Nodal Banks in each State/UT with the help of IBPS.
- The Total marks allotted for Personal Interview are 100.
- The minimum qualifying mark in the interview for Unreserved category Candidates is 40% whereas for SC/ST/PWD it is 35%.
- The marks obtained in the Mains and performance of the Candidates in the Personal Interview determine the final merit list.
The final merit list is prepared based on candidate's score in IBPS PO 2018 Mains Exam and his performance in the Personal Interview.
The final merit list for IBPS PO 2018 will determine the allocation of approximately 9000 vacancies across various PSBs.
Click below to know more detail about:
Preparing for IBPS PO, RRB and other Bank Exams, Register for our IBPS PO Prelims 2018 Test Series with around 20 mocks, 50 live sessions and 75+ practice tests with comprehensive online assessment.