SBI Clerk(Junior Associates) Salary, Work Profile, Pay Scale and other related information
The SBI Clerk (Junior Associates) 2018 Exam conducted by the State Bank of India(SBI) has been a gateway to a career in the Banking Industry for thousands of students and working professionals across the nation. The notification for SBI Clerk 2018 Exam was out on 18th January. The exam is to be conducted in two phases, Prelims and Mains.
The moment you enter a bank, the first thing you do is approach a counter and get your doubts and queries clarified. That person is no one but a Clerk. The role of an SBI Clerk (Junior Associate) is highly flexible and demanding. There is a set of responsibilities that are generally associated with a Clerk at SBI. But before you get started, you will be put in a probation period of 6 months.
SBI Clerk Work Profile during the Probation period
- Completion of close to 15 e-learning lessons will be mandatory to confirm your employment with the Bank
- The lessons will most probably include basics like ethics, roles & responsibilities, HR policies etc.,
- Your work will be closely scrutinized. In case you don't meet the expectations, the probation might extend a little further
Responsibilities of SBI Clerk Junior Associate
- Talk n Talk. Yes! The primary responsibility of a Clerk is to resolve customer queries and doubts and help them efficiently.
- Say Hi to the Cash Counters! Financial instruments like cheques, demand drafts, challans, and vouchers will be your new friends.
- A lot of Autographs! Verifying and signing customer documents, verifying and clearing cheques and drafts.
- Back-end documentation, maintaining balance sheets and more.
- You'll be the PR guy for the Bank's products like loans, schemes, deposits, funds, etc.
- Making customer calls for selling banking services
Advantages of being an SBI Clerk
- A lot of traveling
- Versatile work-hours and shifts
- Hassle-free work-environment
- Upward growth
SBI Clerk Junior Associate - Salary
According to the SBI Clerk Notification, total in-hand salary for a Clerk in a tier-1 city like Mumbai will be Rs. 20,950/- inclusive of DA and other allowances.
In-hand Pay in Class Y Cities: Rs. 20,000/-
In-hand Pay in Class Z Cities: Rs. 19,000/-
SBI Clerk(Junior Associate) Perks and Allowances
• Housing Facility - SBI provides full furnished housing accommodation depending on the requirement.
• Medical related Allowance - The SBI employees are entitled to medical benefits. Not only this benefit but also their family is provided the advantage of 75% medical reimbursement in case of hospitalization.
• Low-interest rates - The SBI employees have the advantage to take over any large assets like Car, home or any kind of loan at low-interest rates.
Other Benefits include Provident Fund, Gratuity, Pension under NPS, Medical, Leave Fare and more!!
As we come closer to the D-day, it is natural we grow more anxious. And the only way to make sure we keep a check on our tension is by preparing smartly. Check out our SBI Clerk Complete and SBI Clerk Test Series wherein we provide you with the right guidance to make it through SBI Clerk 2018.
Good luck - All the best!!
Click below to know more detail about:
Preparing for SBI/IBPS PO, RRB and other Bank Exams, Register for Free Live Online Sessions on Quant, Reasoning, Verbal and General Knowledge/Banking Awareness
Prepare for SBI PO/Clerk and other upcoming bank exams with India's First Adaptive Learning engine - Conduira Online