SBI Clerk 2018 Salary, work profile, Allowances, perks, gross salary, career growth and other benefits
The SBI Clerk (JA) 2018 Exam conducted by the State Bank of India(SBI) has been a gateway to a career in the Banking Industry for thousands of students and working professionals across the nation. The notification for SBI Clerk 2018 Exam was out on 18th January. The exam is to be conducted in two phases, Prelims and Mains.
The moment you enter a bank, the first thing you do is approach a counter and get your doubts and queries clarified. That person is no one but a Clerk. The role of an SBI Clerk Junior Associate is highly flexible and demanding. There is a set of responsibilities that are generally associated with a Clerk at SBI. But before you get started, you will be put in a probation period of 6 months
Work Profile during the Probation period
- Completion of close to 15 e-learning lessons will be mandatory to confirm your employment wit the Bank
- The lessons will most probably include basics like ethics, roles & responsibilities, HR policies etc.,
- Your work will be closely scrutinized. In case you don't meet the expectations, the probation might extend a little further
Responsibilities of SBI Clerk Junior Associate
- Talk Talk n Talk. Yes! The primary responsibility of a Clerk is to resolve customer queries and doubts and help them efficiently.
- Say Hi to the Cash Counters! Financial instruments like cheques, demand drafts, challans, and vouchers will be your new friends.
- A lot of Autographs! Verifying and signing customer documents, verifying and clearing cheques and drafts.
- Back-end documentation, maintaining balance sheets and more.
- You'll be the PR guy for the Bank's products like loans, schemes, deposits, funds, etc.
- Making customer calls for selling banking services
Advantages of being an SBI Clerk
- A lot of travelling
- Versatile work-hours and shifts
- Hassle-free work-environment
- Upward growth
SBI Clerk Junior Associate - Salary
According to the SBI Clerk Notification, total in-hand salary for a Clerk in a tier-1 city like Mumbai will be Rs. 21,500/- inclusive of DA and other allowances.
Then hand salary of an SBI Clerk varies from 20, 000 to 22,000 depending upon the job location and the city.
Earnings of an SBI Clerk are as follows:
Basic Pay - 13, 500
Dearness Allowance - Around 5, 500 INR
Transport Allowance - Around 450 INR
Special Allowance - Around 950 INR
Capital Cost Allowance - 0 INR
Total (Without HRA) is 20, 400 INR
House Rent Allowance - 1, 100 INR
Gross Salary (with HRA) is 21, 500
Allowances and Perks of an SBI Clerk 2018
Interest rates: If you are employed as an SBI Clerk, here is good news for you. SBI employees enjoy the advantage of taking home/ car loans at very reasonable rates.
SBI's leave policy: This is known to be one of the most attractive leave policies among banks. A privilege leave of 33 days and a casual leave of 12 days is offered to SBI employees. There is a provision for the privilege leaves to be converted to paid workdays if an employee wishes to do so. A woman can go on a maternal leave for 2 years.
Medical Reimbursements: 75% medical reimbursements on injuries, sickness, and hospitalization in case of family members and 100% for Self are the medical benefits enjoyed by SBI employees.
Apart from these, SBI clerks can also enjoy flexible work hours, a stable work environment and an upward mobility in profile.
As we come closer to the D-day, it is natural we grow more anxious. And the only way to make sure we keep a check on our tension is by preparing smartly. Check out our SBI Clerk Complete and SBI Clerk Test Series wherein we provide you with the right guidance to make it through SBI Clerk 2018.
Good luck - All the best!!
Click below to know more detail about:
Preparing for IBPS PO, RRB and other Bank Exams, Register for Free Live Online Sessions on Quant, Reasoning, Verbal and General Knowledge/Banking Awareness
Prepare for SBI PO/Clerk and other upcoming bank exams with India's First Adaptive Learning engine - Conduira Online
Sign-up for a 3-day trial of our all-new Learning Experience designed just for you! - Free Trial
Preparing for Other Exams, Check our online preparation guides below