SSC CGLE 2018 Official Notification
- Last Date for applying : 04th June, 2018
- Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 25th July, 2018 to 20th August, 2018
- Date of Tier-II: yet to be notified
- Date of Tier-III (Descriptive): yet to be notified
- Date of Tier-IV (Skill test): yet to be notified
Educational Qualification ( as on 1st August 2018):
Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute. Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics is desirable.
Junior Statistical Officer:
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level: or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
All other Posts:
Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent. The candidates appearing in the final year of their graduation can also apply, however they must possess Essential qualification on or before 01.08.2018.
Age ( as on 1st August 2018):18 - 32 Years
The Examination comprises of four stages as explained below.
|Tier - I||Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type) (Computer Based)|
|Tier -II||Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type) (Computer Based)|
|Tier -III||Descriptive Paper in English / Hindi ( Pen and paper mode)|
|Tier -IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test (Wherever Applicable )|
Marks scored by candidates in Tier-I and Tier-II examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized and such normalized scores will be treated as final and will be used for qualifying the candidates to next stage of examination and to determine final merit
Pattern of Tier -I Examination (Computer Based):
|Part||Subject||No of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes|
- Tier –I of the CGLE will be common for all categories of posts
- There will be negative marking of 0.5 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
- Questions will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice, set both in Hindi and English in respect of Parts A, B and C.
Pattern of Tier -II Examination (Computer Based):
This is the second stage of the exam and only those candidates who qualify the first stage (Tier -I) , will be allowed to sit in this exam .
It is also a objective type test and Paper I and Paper II are compulsory for all the posts.
|Paper No.||Subject / Paper||Max . Marks||No. of questions||Duration|
|I||Quantitative Abilities||200||100||2 hours|
|II||English Language and Comprehension||200||100||2 hours|
|IV||General Studies ( Finance & Economics)||200||100||2 hours|
|Note : Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts .|
|Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Junior Statistical Officer .|
Paper-IV is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Office
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I , III and IV for each wrong answer
Pattern of Tier - III Examination:
This will be conducted in Pen and Paper Mode and will be a Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of Essay/ Precis/ Letter/ Application etc.)
The maximum marks for this section (Tier III) is 100 and the duration is 60 minutes.
Pattern of Tier -IV Examination:
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): The Data Entry Speed Skill Test at 2000 (two thousand). The key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes will be of qualifying nature
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules - Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the posts Assistant Section Officer of CSS, Assistant Section Officer (MEA), Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO)
Application Fee & Mode of Payment:
- Fee payable: Rs. 100/-
- Fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard or Maestro Credit or Debit card. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee
Official notification available at