IBPS RRB OA Office Assistant Preparation Plan
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will conduct the examination IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2018 for the recruitment of Office Assistants in the Regional Rural Banks. Until 2015, IBPS RRB had a single level exam for both Office Assistant and Officer Scale-1 posts. Since 2016, there has been a two-tier exam for both the posts. The IBPS RRB OA (Office Assistant) exam 2018 will be conducted on 19th of August, 25th of August & 1st of September 2018 whereas the main exam would be conducted on 7th of October 2018.
Regional Rural Banks are local level banking organizations operating in the different States of India. They have been created with a view to primarily serve the rural areas of India with basic banking and financial services. However, RRBs may have branches set up for urban operations and their area of operation may include urban areas too. The area of operation of RRBs is limited to the area as notified by Government of India covering one or more districts in the State.
Check Here: Official IBPS RRB Notification 2018
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam will be conducted in three phases:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Language test
The number of candidates appearing for the exam: 10 Lakh+ for last year( For IBPS RRB 2017). It expected to rise for IBPS RRB 2018.
The number of vacancies: Last year(2017), IBPS RRB announced a total of 8824 vacancies. This Year(2018) the number of vacancies is 5294.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam Dates:
Prelims Exam: 19th, 25th, August and 1st September 2018 (Online only)
Mains Exam: 7th October 2018
IBPS RRB Assistant Officer Preliminary Exam Pattern:
|1.||Reasoning||40||40||A cumulative time of 45 mins|
Candidates have to qualify the exam by securing minimum cutoff marks. An adequate number of candidates in each category, depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main examination.
IBPS RRB Assistant Officer Mains Exam Pattern
|1.||Reasoning Paper||40||50||Composite time of 2 hours|
|General Awareness Paper||40||40|
|3.||Numerical Ability Paper||40||50|
|4.||English/Hindi Language Paper||40||40|
There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the objective test in case of both prelims and mains examination. For each question answered incorrectly by the candidate, 1/4th of the marks assigned to the question will be deducted as a penalty in order to arrive at the final score. If a candidate leaves a question unanswered then no marks shall be deducted. Also, the nature of difficulty for preliminary phase was easy to moderate but the Cutoff for prelims is expected to go higher than last year. However, The IBPS RRB Office Assistant Cutoff for Mains should be more or less the same than the previous year.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2018 Prelims Exam Syllabus
The Numerical Ability section consists of questions from the following topics - Arithmetic, Algebra, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Data Interpretation. Since our primary focus is on clearing the cut-offs, let's classify the topics into various difficulty levels by considering average time spent to solve the questions.
Series, Analogies, Odd Pair, Directions, Numbers & Rankings, Dictionary Test, Syllogisms, Blood Relations, Seating Arrangements, Data Sufficiency, Computer, Coding-Decoding, Input- Output machine, Complex puzzles
IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2018 Mains Exam Syllabus
The Numerical Ability section consists of questions from the following topics - Arithmetic, Algebra, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Data Interpretation. Since our primary focus is on clearing the cut-offs, let's classify the topics into various difficulty levels considering average time spent to solve the questions.
These are Links to Practice Numerical Ability:
English section in IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains Exam consists of following topics:
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Improvement
- Error Spotting
- Mis-Spelt Words/Idom Phrase/Odd One Out
See more Videos on the English section:
Reasoning Ability & Computer Knowledge
Series, Analogies, Odd Pair, Directions, Numbers & Rankings, Dictionary Test, Syllogisms, Blood Relations, Seating Arrangements, Data Sufficiency, Computer Knowledge, Coding-Decoding, Input-Output machine, Complex puzzles
In order to perform well in general awareness section, a candidate should develop a habit of reading a newspaper on a daily basis to improve their current affairs knowledge, vocabulary and reading speed. This activity in return will definitely help the candidate in solving Reading Comprehension and Critical Reasoning Questions in the exam.
- Conduira online has a very detailed step by step preparation plan for IBPS RRB Office Assistant that helps you to be completely prepared for the exam without ever relying on any other source material.
- Conduira online initially offers a 3-day free trial period where you can access free online content such as 100+ educational videos, a free diagnostic test(that helps a candidate to determine his/her current solving ability), a free vocabulary quiz, in-depth General awareness blogs, Daily GK Digest and Weekly quizzes to help you, to be fully aware of current affairs.
- Conduira online also offers a paid version of Bank Clerk section where you can have access to 950+ video lessons on Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, and Reasoning for IBPS RRB Office Assistant. You will also get 1600+ practice tests on General Awareness, special video lessons on group discussions and personal interviews, 6400+ practice questions on Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, and Reasoning. Finally, you will get 10 IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims test, 8 IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains test.
- Conduira also offers 30 IBPS Clerical( Prelims & Mains),8 RBI Assistant Prelims and Mains mock tests and 23 SBI Clerk(JA) Prelims & Mains Mock Tests in the complete Bank Clerk Section so that you can prepare and practice for all available clerk exams under one roof.
For more information please check out Bank Clerk 2018 Complete
Finding areas of improvement:
The first step that you can take towards your success is to take an IBPS RRB Mock Test to assess where you currently stand. Don’t let the result demoralize you. It’s just a measure of what you are good at and the areas that need your attention. The tests can help you, to practice more on your weak areas in the given syllabus. Conduira Online will provide you with free mock-tests to help you assess your strengths and recognize areas that need improvement. Attempt short quizzes to increase your speed. This will help you to attempt more number of questions in the exams. Since the atmosphere in exams is stressful, being quick is an additional benefit.
Full-length Mock tests:
In the month of August, you shall take IBPS RRB Prelims Full-length mock tests every alternate day. This will help you in the assessment of your performance and also optimize your judgment and time management skills.
Few important tips for prelims will be:
- Take not more than 20-22 minutes per section.
- Focus on sectional Cut-offs. You don’t need to be a James Bond and score 80/80.
- Last year’s cut off was around 58. Even if we expect the worst and it goes to 48-50, it’s not more than 60 its not more then questions in 45 mins.
- Not all questions will take 1 – minute. Most of the Quant questions can be solved very quickly.
All-in-all, probably we can expect a new pattern of questions but, don’t lose your cool. Practice all kinds of IBPS RRB Pattern related questions, be comfortable with concepts and the D-day will be conquered!
Check out our other blogs on Bank Jobs Preparation
|SBI Clerk Online Preparation|
|IBPS PO Online Preparation||IBPS Clerk Online Preparation|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale-1 Online Preparation||IBPS RRB OA Online Preparation|