Mu Sigma Placement Process for Freshers
The selection process for any job profile is an important step for every company to get prospective candidates well suited for the job. It should be done with proper strategic planning. Mu-Sigma is one of the best companies for freshers. In this blog, we will know about the company profile and the selection procedure for Mu Sigma.
A little More About Mu Sigma
Mu Sigma, founded by Dhiraj Rajaram, is an Indian Mangement firm that is well-known for its analytical services. The name Mu and Sigma derive from mu(μ) meaning 'mean' and sigma(σ) meaning 'standard deviation'. It has its headquarters in Bengaluru, India and a branch office in Chicago, United States. It is a decision-science company that helps clients accelerate their journey from data to decision. It has more than 3,500 employees. It raised its first income around $30 million from FTVentures. If you have a problem-solving approach with decision-oriented analytical skills, Mu Sigma has a lot for you in its store. Let's move forward to the selection process.
Mu Sigma Recruitment Process
The selection process consists of six rounds
- Written exam
- Video Synthesis
- Pseudo code and Case Study
- Group discussion
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
- A candidate should be an engineering graduate from any recognized University.
- A candidate must have a minimum of 60% marks in graduation.
- No backlogs at the time of appearing for Mu Sigma selection process.
Mu Sigma Recruitment Written Exam:
The written exam consists of four sections-Quantitative Aptitude & Logic Reasoning, Verbal ability, Critical Thinking, and Personality Profile. The time allotted for the written exam is 65 minutes. It has 0.5 negative marking in three sections except in personality profile. The total questions in the written exam are 55 questions. The candidates who qualify the written exam will qualify for the next rounds.
Mu Sigma Test Pattern-1
No. of questions
Quant & Logic Ability
40 Mins for Aptitude Test
10 Mins for Psychometric Test
Mu Sigma Test Pattern-2
No. of questions
Quant & Logic Ability
35 Mins for Aptitude Test
15 Mins for Psychometric Test
Quantitative Ability: The questions are based on Data Interpretation, Speed & Distance, Algebra, Equations, Progression, Profit & Loss, Ratios, Averages, Geometry
Logic Reasoning: The questions are based on Attention to Details, Visual Reasoning, Relationship (Blood Relations), Flowcharts, Logical Reasoning, Statement & Conclusions.
Verbal Ability: The questions are based on Grammar, Vocabulary (Synonyms, Antonyms), Sentence Correction, Prepositions, Idioms and Phrases, Speech and Tense, Fill in the blanks and Reading Comprehension.
Critical Thinking: The questions are based on Visual thinking and Visual Representation.
Personality Profile: It consists of 20 questions.Mu Sigma Aptitude & Personality:Test consists of questions on Quant, Critical Reasoning, and Logical Reasoning.
Language: section contains grammar, fill in the blanks and RCs.
Critical Thinking: section includes questions related to visual thinking and visual representation.
- Video Synthesis round tests the listening and grasping skills. In this round, a video will be shown and you will be asked to summarize it. Video synthesis generally means to synthesis the video and to write down the points that you have inferred from the video (you would be provided with a paper of a post card size, so you need to write short and crisp points. One is expected to identify keywords and connect them to the moot of the video by a few sentences. For video synthesis you can practice by watching videos from http://movieclips.comand select videos which are message oriented.
- Pseudo Code round consists of a written test wherein a pseudo code will be given and you have to write the output. Basic understanding of C language is important. Read the code and write down the output provided. In the rough work, place the steps.
- Case Study will involve a situation and some questions will be asked to that problem. It is analyzing a case for which data and facts are given. Read the case properly and patiently to arrive at logical conclusions to be able to answer the set of questions that follow.
- Group Discussion involves the regular ideas and skills required.
- Technical round involves about the technical knowledge learnt at college.
- Late night stress interviews are not uncommon in HR round.
- Elementary (10th grade) Mathematics – fundamentals and application.
- Data involved questions like pie charts, graphs or quick calculation on the given data.
- Thinking out of the box.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages like C, Java & DBMS.
UPDATE ON MASS RECRUITMENT DRIVE basing on DEMAND
The New Test Pattern
- Total Time - 60 Mins Total Number of Questions - 72 Questions Test Sections-
- Quantitative - 10 Questions
- Logical Reasoning + Verbal Reasoning/Ability - 10 Questions
- Psychometric Test - 50 Questions
- Observation Coding Test - 2 Questions (Business Scenario/Case Study/Algorithm)
This Followed by
- Mu Sigma Technical Interview and HR Interview