Know about Common Admission Test (CAT):
Common Admission Test (CAT) is an all India Entrance test conducted by IIMs. The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) started this exam and is a pre-requisite for selecting students for their business administration programs. This computer-based test is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for admission to their 2-year full time postgraduate programs in management.
The list of Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) are Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bodh, Gaya, Calcutta, Indore, Jammu, Kashipur, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shillong, Sirmaur, Tiruchirappalli, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam.
CAT 2018 important Dates:
|August 8th, 2018||CAT 2018 Registration starts|
|September 19th, 2018||CAT 2018 Registration ends at 5:00 PM|
|October 24th, 2018||CAT 2018 Admit card download begins at 1:00 PM|
|November 25th, 2018||CAT 2018 test day|
CAT 2018 Form filling procedure:
STEP 1: Go to the website, https://iimcat.ac.in/per/g01/pub/756/ASM/WebPortal/1/index.html?756@@1@@1
It looks like this:
STEP 2: Towards the right side, along a vertical column, one will be able to view Register. First, there is a need to register and then, a registered candidate can login using the Login.
STEP 3: Once the Register is clicked, a new webpage opens and it looks like this:
There is a pop-up indicating instructions like:
Recommended browser to fill the application - Choose one among:
- Internet Explore (version 11 and above)
- Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61)
- Google Chrome (version 50 to 69)
Read the instructions carefully. Fields marked with an asterisk * are mandatory. Once the Close is clicked on the Instructions, one will view the registration page.
Very Important points before filling the application form:
- Candidate has to fill in the below mentioned details to receive the User ID and Password.
- Candidate will receive the User ID on the registered email address and Password as SMS on the registered mobile number. Overseas candidates will receive both User ID and Password on registered email address.
- Candidate can login with the User ID and Password to complete the application form for CAT 2018.
- Candidate must provide Correct Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email Address as these details cannot be changed once the registration is complete.
On scrolling the page downwards, the webpage looks like this:
STEP 4: Fill in the details in the fields provided. Be careful while filling the fields.
VERY IMPORTANT: In case of the Name of the Candidate - Candidate name should be entered exactly as it appears in 10th/SSC Certificate. Only Alphabets are allowed.
There is a need for a correct mobile number to generate the OTP. In addition, have a genuine and a regular email address to be used throughout the admission process.
One needs to Generate OTP on the registered mobile number.
Enter the data in the captcha and agree to the declaration.
STEP 5: Once on validating the OTP, one will be able to authenticate and accept the declaration. Hence, having a valid mobile number with a good network is the most important facet of form filling.
STEP 6: After successful authentication of the declaration, one gets a notification about successful registration. The password is also sent to the mobile number registered. The username is sent to the registered email. It's important to have both username and password for subsequent logins. This is how it looks:
There is also a candidate query form.
One can log a new query on this page. It can be Application Form Related or Payment Related.
STEP 7: Go to Application Form. There are various tabs for filling information. These are Personal Details, Academics, Work Experience, Programmes, Test City and Payment.
- Fields marked with* are mandatory.
- Fill in all the required details and upload scanned copies of all required documents.
- Click on Save & Continue to proceed to the next section.
- Applicants do not have to complete the application form in a single session. Applicants can login multiple times to complete the application form.
- Once the payment is made, applicants will not be allowed to make any changes.
STEP 8: PERSONAL DETAILS
- Personal Details include: Candidate's Name, Father's/Husband's/Guardian's Name, Mother's Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Aadhaar Card Number, Category, Persons with Disability, Communication Address, Emergency Contact Details.
- Note, that the emergency contact details should be someone in your family.
- The upload documents include:
- The NC-OBC/SC/ST/PwD certificate should be in the prescribed format issued by the competent authority. (Refer to the CAT 2018 website for sample format)
STEP 9: Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Please upload the same photograph that you will afix on the Admit card on the day of the test.
- Upload a recent passport size photograph which is not older than 6 months.
- It should be a passport size photo on a white/off-white background.
- Maximum size is 80 kB and JPEG or JPG.
- One can drag and drop the file in the space. Alternatively, one can upload the files as well.
- In case of signature, the size is maximum of 80 kB and only JPEG and JPG formats.
Once the image is uploaded as per the instructions, one will be able to view the photograph uploaded. It looks like this:
Similarly, upload the signature.
STEP 10: Academic Details
- Academic details include SSC/10TH/Equivalent Details like Board Name, Month and Year of completion, Maximum marks and total marks obtained and percentage.
- Similarly, for HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details.
- In case of Bachelor's Degree Details, one can choose if one is in the Final year or if one has completed the degree. One can also choose to enter details of additional Bachelor's Degree.
- Finally, enter Master's Degree Details and Other Professional Degree Details like CA/CS/ICWA.
In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective Board/University/Institution.
If any Board/University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate's CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.
- Marks and Percentage calculation
Maximum marks (inclusive of all subjects) indicate the summation of maximum marks of all subjects (including electives, if any).
For example, if there are five subjects with 100 marks assigned to each subject, candidate should populate the ‘Maximum Marks (inclusive of all subjects)’ placeholder as 500.
Total marks obtained (inclusive of all subjects) indicate the summation of actual marks obtained by the candidate in all subjects (including electives, if any).
For example, if the candidate has obtained 457 marks by adding individual marks obtained in the five subjects, candidate should populate the ‘Total marks obtained (inclusive of all subjects)’ placeholder as 457.
For computing percentage of marks obtained in SSC/10th/Equivalent examination, the aggregate marks of all subjects including additional subjects that appear in the Mark Sheet/Grade Sheet would be considered irrespective of the Board's regulation.
STEP 11: Work Experience
- Enter your work experience as on July 31, 2018.
- Only Full-time experience after graduation must be entered.
- Part-time/Project/Internship/Articleship/Pre-graduation work experience should not be entered and will not be considered as work experience.
STEP 12: Programmes
- Applicant can select any number of programmes. Hence, select all the programmes.
- For each programme selected, kindly select an interview city as well.
- There is a very big need for patience in filling this page - Save and Continue.
STEP 13: Test City Selection
- Applicant can select any four Test Cities as per preference from the drop down menu.
- After the last date of registration, one among the 4 preferred test cities will be allotted (subject to availability).
- In rare case, if an Applicant is not allotted to any of the preferred test cities, Applicant will be allotted to a nearby test city.
STEP 14: Payment
- The application registration fee is Rs. 1900/-
- Payment mode is BillDesk, Paytm and PayU.
STEP 15: Preview of Application Form before final submit
Please check if all the details are entered correctly. It is very important to check and pay attention in here.
A few screenshots here:
STEP 16: Finally the declaration
Then, accept the declaration, enter the text in the captcha, tick "I agree", submit and make the payment.