The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will conduct the examination IBPS RRB Officer Scale-1 2018 for the recruitment of Scale-1 Officers in the Regional Rural Banks. IBPS RRB until 2015 had a single level exam for both Office Assistant and Officer Scale-1 posts. Since 2016, there has been a two-tier exam for both the posts. Regional Rural Banks are local level banking organizations operating in the different States of India. They have been created with a view to serving primarily the rural areas of India with basic banking and financial services. However, RRBs may have branches set up for urban operations and their area of operation may include urban areas too. The area of operation of RRBs is limited to the area as notified by Government of India covering one or more districts in the State.
Series, Analogies, Odd Pair, Directions, Numbers & Rankings, Dictionary Test, Syllogisms, Blood Relations, Seating Arrangements, Data Sufficiency, Computer, Coding-Decoding, Input-Output machine, Complex puzzles
Practice Sample Questions on Reasoning Ability:
1. Look at this series: (1/8), (1/4), (1/2), 1, 2, ... What number should come next?
This is a simple multiplication series; each number is multiplied by 2 successively to get the next result.
(1/8) * 2 = 1/4
(1/4) * 2 = 1/2
(1/2) * 2 = 1
1 * 2 = 2
2 * 2 = 4
2. The words in the bottom row are related in the same way as the words in the top row. Find the word that completes the bottom row of words.
Above the line, the relationship is as follows: Legs and Head are the parts of the Body. Below the line, the relationship is as follows: Printer and Keyboard are the parts of the Computer.
3. Choose odd number pair
(3 - 27) , (4 - 32) , (2 - 8) , (5 - 125)
A. 3 -27
B. 4- 32
C. 2 - 8
D. 5 - 125
In all other pairs, the second number is the cube of the first. 4 - 32 does not match with other pairs because 4 cube is 64.
4. Peter is facing towards East and turns 180° in clockwise then he turns 45° in an anti-clockwise direction. Now, he turns 135° in the clockwise direction again he turns 45° in clockwise direction. Which direction is he facing?
So, Peter is facing towards North - East direction
5. In a queue, A is 8th and B is 20th from the front and C is just in the middle of the two. If there were 45 persons in the queue. What position does C occupy from the front?
Number of persons between A and B = 20 - 8 = 12. Since C lies in the middle of these 12 persons (12 / 2 = 6), so C`s position is 6th from A i.e. 14th from the front.
6. In the following questions, 5 words are given. Which of them will come at the fourth if all of them are arranged alphabetically as in a dictionary?
1.Affiliated → 4th
2. Analogous→ 5th
3. Address → 1st
4. Affective → 3rd
5. Admin → 2nd
So, Affiliated word will come at the fourth if all of them are arranged alphabetically as in a dictionary
7. If B is the sister of C; and C is the father of D, how D is related to B if D is female?
D. Cannot be determined
C is the father of D→ D's father is C
B is the sister of C→ C's sister is B→ father's Sister is Aunt
So, D is a Niece of B
8. In the following problem, there is one question and two statements I, and II has given to the question. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read all the statements carefully and find which of the statements is/are sufficient to answer the given question. Choose the correct alternative in each question.
Question: How is 'TREAT' written in the code language?
DEAR is written as @#$!in that code.
TAKE is written as &$?# in that code.
A. Only I
B. Only II
C. Both I and II
D. either I or II
E. None of these
Observing I and II we find that similar letters have similar code symbols at the corresponding places in the code. So, this is direct-coding.
Thus, to find the code for TREAT, we need the code for T which can be obtained from II only (i.e. &.) and the codes for R, E, and A which can be obtained either from I and II ( ! # and $ respectively) and code for R which can be obtained from I only (i.e. !.)
9. Where is RAM located?
A. Expansion Board
B. External Drive
C. Mother Board
D. All of above
RAM is generally a removable Circuit Board which is attached to the Motherboard of the laptop or pc.
10. If the COMPUTER is coded as COMOUSEQ, then how MEDICINE is coded?
In the given word consider the only even number letters and move one step backward to obtain the code
1. COMPUTER: Here P(16), T(20), and R(18) are even Number letters. So, by moving one step backward we get odd number letters as O(15), S(19), and Q(17)
2. MEDICINE: Here D(4) and N(14) are even number letters. So, by moving one step backward we get odd number letters as C(3) and M(13)