Capgemini Logical Reasoning Placement Test Questions
Is Capgemini is going to hire from your college soon? Are you looking for resources to ready yourself for the placement challenge? Here are a set of Logical Reasoning practice questions based on previous years’ Capgemini placement papers.
Capgemini Practice Questions - Logical Reasoning Section
This article covers some of the data interpretation concept based sample questions which were being asked in previous years' logical reasoning section of Capgemini aptitude test.
You can go through the following sample questions to get yourself acquainted.
Direction for Question 1 to 5: Analyse the information given below in pie chart and mark the correct answer:
In the below-given pie-chart, expenditure done by Smrity (housewife) in the year 2017 is shown as the percentage of the total amount spent. There are only 6 verticals in which expenditure is done.
1. If the expenditure done in the Entertainment sector is Rs. 7000, then what will be the total amount spent on House Rent and Education in 2017?
Percentage Share in Entertainment Sector = 10%. Therefore, 10% is 7000 which implies that 100% is 70000 (Total Expenditure)
Now, Percentage Share in House Rent + Education = 10+25 = 35%
35% of 70000 = 24500. So the Correct answer is Option B
2. What is the central angle corresponding to combined expenditure done in Teaching, Clothes and food verticals?
As 100% corresponds to 360 degrees in pie-chart. Therefore, 1 % = 3.6 degree
Now, Percentage corresponding to Teaching + Clothes + Food = 55%
Therefore, 55% corresponds to 198 degrees. So the correct answer is Option A
3. Expenditure on Teaching is less than expenditure on Education by?
Expenditure on Teaching = 15% and Expenditure on Education = 25%
Percentage by which Expenditure in Teaching is less by Education = [(Exp. In Education – Exp. In Teaching)/Exp. In Education] * 100 = [(25-15)/25] * 100 = 40%
So, the correct answer is Option C
4. If the total expenditure is 84000, then combined expenditure in House Rent and Food would be?
Total Expenditure (100%) = 84000
Percentage expenditure in House Rent + Food = 45%
Therefore, Combined Expenditure in House Rent + Food = .45 * 84000 = 37800. So, the correct answer is Option B
5. If the total expenditure to be done in 2018 is 20% more than 2017, Then what expenditure can Smrity do in Clothing Vertical (Taking same percentage distribution in verticals and Total Expenditure in 2017 is 70000)
Total Expenditure 2017 =70000, Therefore, Total Expenditure in 2018 = 70000 + 20% of 70000 = 70000 + 14000 = 84000
Now, Percentage Expenditure in Clothing Vertical is 5%. Hence, total expenditure to be done on clothing in 2018 = 0.05 * 84000 = 42000. So the correct answer is Option D
6. If the expenditure done by Smrity in one vertical is Rs. 4500 and total expenditure done is Rs. 30000, What is this Vertical?
a) House Rent
Total Expenditure = 30000, Percentage of expenditure of 4500 = (4500/30000) * 100 = 15%
So, the vertical is Teaching, and the Correct answer is Option C
7. How much is the weight of 68 balls and 102 bat?
i. 1 bat weighs twice that of 1 ball
ii. 2 balls and 3 balls weigh 3 kg
a) if the answer can be found using only option i
b) if the answer can be found using only option ii
c) if the answer can be found out using both options I and ii together
d) if the answer cannot be found out even after using option I and ii together
From option i, we can make a relation between the weight of ball and bat, but cannot find out the exact weight
From option ii, since weight of 2 balls + 3 bats = 3 kg
Therefore, 68 balls +102 bats = 34 (2 balls + 3 bats) = 34 x 3 = 102 kgs
So, the correct answer is Option B
8. The average income of 5 workers is Rs. 300 per day. If salary of 3 workers is 100, 200 and 300 respectively. The ratio of salary of remaining two workers is 1:2. Find the salary of both the workers.
a) 300 and 400
b) 250 and 550
c) 450 and 450
d) 300 and 600
Average income = 300
Total income of 5 workers = Average Salary * Number of workers = 300 * 5 = 1500
Salary of 3 workers = 100+200+300 = 600
Salary of Remaining two workers = 1500 – 600 = 900
Since the ratio of salaries is 1:2. Let us suppose that the salary of one of the workers is X, therefore the salary of other worker is 2X
Now, X+2X = 900 => X = 300
Hence, the salary of two workers is 300 and 600. The correct answer is Option D
Check out our other blogs on Capgemini Campus Recruitment