IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims Exam
IBPS RRB until 2015 had a single level exam for both Office Assistant and Officer Scale-1 posts. Since 2016, there has been a two-tier exam for both the posts. Regional Rural Banks are local level banking organizations operating in the different States of India. They have been created with a view to serving primarily the rural areas of India with basic banking and financial services. However, RRBs may have branches set up for urban operations and their area of operation may include urban areas too. The area of operation of RRBs is limited to the area as notified by Government of India covering one or more districts in the State.
Reasoning Ability Syllabus for IBPS RRB OA Prelims Exam:
Series, Analogies, Odd Pair, Directions, Numbers & Rankings, Dictionary Test, Syllogisms, Blood Relations, Seating Arrangements, Data Sufficiency, Computer, Coding-Decoding, Input-Output machine, Complex puzzles.
Practice sample questions:
1. Look at this series: 46, 44, 40, 38, 34, ... What number should come next?
This is an alternating number subtraction series. First, 2 is subtracted, then 4, then 2, then 4 and so on.
34 - 2 = 32
Hence, next number should be 32 in the series.
2. Select the one which is different from the other three alternatives.
C. Internet Explorer
Google is a Search engine, remaining are Web browsers
3. Two boys Sagar and Vimal walk in opposite directions. Sagar is walking towards North. After 2 km each both turn left and walks 2 km each. Both turn to face each other. In which direction is Vimal looking to Sagar.
So, Vimal is looking towards North-West direction.
4. In a row of Chairs, one Chair is 5th from starting and 8th from ending of the row. How many Chairs are there in the row?
Clearly, number of Chairs in the row = (4 + 1 + 7) = 12.
5. Arrange the following words as per order in the dictionary:
A. 4, 2, 3, 5, 1
B. 3, 4, 1, 2, 5
C. 4, 3, 2, 1, 5
D. 3, 5, 2, 4, 1
Eugenic, Eupepsy, Euphonic, Euphony, Euphrasy
4 2 3 5 1
6. In the following question, two statements are given. Which are followed by four conclusions (1), (2), (3), and (4) Choose the conclusions which logically follow from the given statements?
Statements: All Cars are Bikes. All Bikes are Bi-cycles.
Some bikes are bicycles.
Some bicycles are cars.
Some cars are not bicycles.
All bicycles are bikes.
A. Only (1) and (2)
B. Only (1) and (3)
C. Only (1) and (4)
D. Only (2) and (4)
7. If A + B means A is the brother of B; A - B means A is the sister of B and A x B means A is the father of B. Which of the following means that C is the son of M?
A. N + M - F x C
B. M x N - C + F
C. M - N x C + F
D. F - C + N x M
M x N → M is the father of N
N - C → N is the sister of C
and C + F → C is the brother of F.
Hence, M is the father of C or C is the son of M.
8. There are five friends. They are standing in a row facing south. Jayesh is to the immediate right to Alok. Pramod is between Bhagat and Subodh. Subodh is between Jayesh and Pramod.
a. Who is standing Just Left to Pramod?
So, Subodh is standing Just Left to Pramod
b. Who is at Extreme from the right end?
So, Bhagat is at Extreme from the right end
c. Who is in the middle of the row?
So, Subodh is in the middle of the row
9. Full form of HTTP is?
A. High Transfer text Protocol
B. Hyper Text Tool Protocol
C. Hyper Text Transfer Protocol
D. Hyper Tool Technology Protocol
Full form of HTTP is Hyper Text Transfer Protocol. It is an application protocol for distributed, collaborative, and hypermedia information systems.
10. In a certain code, MONKEY is written as ZFLOPN. How is TIGER written in that code?
The letter of the word is written in a reverse order and then each letter is moved one step forward to obtain the code.
Check Other Blogs on IBPS Preparation