Mu Sigma Verbal Ability Placement Test Questions
Is Mu Sigma visiting your campus soon? Are you looking for resources to prepare yourself for the placement challenge? Here are a set of Verbal practice questions that would help you to prepare for Mu Sigma recruitment test.
Mu Sigma Verbal Ability Section consists of 10 questions. The questions are based on Grammar, Vocabulary (Synonyms, Antonyms), Sentence Correction, Prepositions, Idioms and Phrases, Speech and Tense, Fill in the blanks and Reading Comprehension.
Mu Sigma Verbal Questions and Answers
This blog covers Verbal questions related to Basic Grammar, spelling, Synonym– antonym and Vocabulary, speech, preposition and conjunction questions which have appeared in some of the campus exams in previous years.
You can go through the following sample questions to make yourself ready for Mu Sigma Placement Test.
Directions for Questions 1 to 10: Choose the correct alternative
1. Choose the option which is synonymous with the words in the bold format.
Oyo is the most sought-after start-up workplace in India.
Explanation: Meaning of Sought-after is: generally desired, rebuffed means rejected, desired means demanded, dislike means to be hate or feel distastes and Unmarketable means not fit to be offered for sale, hence the answer option B, which is a synonym.
2. Choose the option which is synonymous with the words in the bold format.
Her statement had a lot of ambiguity.
Explanation: Ambiguity is the quality of being open to more than one interpretation, lucidity means clarity of expression, certainty means firm conviction that something is the case, luminosity means the quality of glowing and Doubtfulnessmeans showing or experiencing doubt, hence the answer option D, which is a synonym.
3. Choose the correct meaning of the idiom/proverb given below
“To keep one’s temper”
A. To confess without of reserve
B. To catch a dangerous person
C. To remain calm
D. None of these
4. Choose the correct meaning of the idiom/proverb given below
“Keep one’s trap shut”
A. To not talk about something that someone doesn’t want to be known
B. To keep quiet
C. To catch a dangerous animal
D. To return to one’s place
5. Choose the option which has a correct spelling of a meaningful word
6. Choose the option which has a correct spelling of a meaningful word
7. Choose the correct preposition from the option to fill in the blank
A little cruise sank ___________ the waves.
Explanation: Beneath is used to show the placement of something directly underneath other.
8. Choose the correct conjunction from the option to fill in the blank
I need to run fast ____________ I can win the race.
B. so that
Explanation: So that is used to talk about the purpose, here the purpose is to win the race.
9. Change the speech of the following sentence
Prince said to me, “Don’t work very hard.”
A. Prince asked me not to work very hard
B. Prince asked me to not to work very hard
C. Prince told me to not work very hard
D. Prince begged me to not work very hard
Explanation: The given sentence is in direct speech, said will be replaced by asked in the reported speech.
10. Change the speech of the following sentence
People said, “we would apply for Mu Sigma”
A. People said they would apply for Mu Sigma.
B. People told that they would apply for Mu Sigma.
C. People said that they would apply for Mu Sigma.
D. People said that people would apply for Mu Sigma.
Explanation: The given sentence is in direct speech, the modal ‘would’ does not change and remains the same in indirect speech.
Check Other Blogs on Mu Sigma Recruitment
Mu Sigma Reasoning Placement Test Questions - 2018
Is Mu Sigma visiting your campus? Are you looking for good resources to get yourself ready for the placement challenge? Here are a set of Reasoning questions based on previous years’ Mu Sigma Placement Papers.
Mu Sigma Test pattern consists of four sections Quantitative Aptitude &Logical Reasoning,Verbal Ability, Critical Thinking and Personality Profile/Psychometric test with total of 55 questions in 50 minutes. Quantitative Aptitude and Logical reasoning section combined consists of 15 questions. To find the complete pattern, Click here Mu Sigma Recruitment Process 2018
Mu Sigma Recruitment Exam Quantitative Aptitude Questions - 2018
Is Mu Sigma visiting your campus? Are you looking for good resources to get yourself ready for the placement challenge? Here are a set of Quant questions based on previous years’ Mu Sigma Placement Papers.
Mu Sigma Test pattern consists of four sections Quantitative Aptitude & Logical Reasoning,Verbal Ability, Critical Thinking and Personality Profile/Psychomatric test with total of 55 questions in 50 minutes. Quantitative Aptitude and Logical reasoning section combined consists of 15 questions. To find the complete pattern, Click here Mu Sigma Recruitment Process 2018
Mu Sigma Placement Process for Freshers
The selection process for any job profile is an important step for every company to get prospective candidates well suited for the job. It should be done with proper strategic planning. Mu-Sigma is one of the best companies for freshers. In this blog, we will know about the company profile and the selection procedure for Mu Sigma.
Mu Sigma Eligibility Criteria for Freshers
Mu Sigma is an India management consulting firm that primarily offers analytics services. It is imperative for the aspirants to know the company's eligibility criteria. This blog will acquaint the candidates (freshers) with Mu Sigma selection policies, graduation criteria, academic criteria and documents needed for applying posts like Entry Level Engineer (Trainee).
Only full-time courses will be considered (Part Time/Correspondence courses will not be considered).
1) B.E / B.Tech in any discipline (CSE/ECE/IT/EEE/TELECOM/M.E/EIE/IE/IS, etc).
2) Engineering candidates who have passed out in the year 2018 & 2017 are eligible to apply.
3) The graduation should be a Full-Time course recognized by Central/State Government of India.
Please note that a candidate is expected to have good communication & interpersonal skills along with a good command of technical subjects.
1) A candidate must have more than 60% marks in 10th and 12th (or diploma).
2) A candidate must have a minimum of 60% marks in graduation.
Mu Sigma Policies:
1) If a candidate has attended an interview within the past 6 months from the date of new application, then he/ she is ineligible to apply.
2) If a candidate has been rejected by Mu Sigma in an interview, then the candidate is ineligible to apply again for 6 months post the interview.
3) If for some reason Mu Sigma terminates the candidate's application, then the candidate is ineligible to apply.
4) If for any reason a candidate after applying in Mu Sigma misses the opportunity to give the interview then the candidate holds the right to apply again and can attend the selection process.
1) All original mark sheets related to SSC (10th), Intermediate (12th) and Graduation are required to be produced at the time of interview. Also, please carry a copy of a set of all documents at the time of interview.
2) A copy of candidate's updated resume.
3) Passport size photographs.
4) An original identification proof issued by the government of India (Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Voter id, Passport etc.).
Check out some of our popular blogs: